Welcome to my brush-dotting course, I'm so excited to have you here !
* If you wish to learn a joyous, relaxing painting technique that is not only fun and colorful but will also have a positive effect on all aspects of your life
* if you want to create your own beautiful, detailed and harmonious art pieces whilst practicing active meditation and mindfulness
* if you want to experience the most meditative art that both grounds and centers you
* if you want to benefit your sleep and entire state of mind
* if you are a total beginner who never dotted before, looking for a course that covers all the information and gives you the right kick-start, support and motivation
* if you are an experienced “dotter” wishing to expand your technical abilities, and learn how to easily dot your already fantastic mandalas with a brush
You have come to the right place!
In this course you will learn:
- How to mix and dilute your paint to the right consistency for this technique. This way you will forever be able to turn any acrylic paint you find into a dotting paint.
- "The drop that doesn't drip" formula.
- How to correctly prepare your surface for dotting.
- How to load your brush correctly and control dot size and spacing.
- How to treat and revive your old brushes and create great, finest brushes for dotting.
- The step by step walkthrough of brush-technique for dotting.
- How to relax and be in the moment when dotting.
and many more tricks and tips for easy mandala dot art with brushes.
Final project of this course done by my amazing students
Anita Keler Frei
- Welcome Dear!
- Course Presentation (11:52)
- What is to be considered (3:08)
- The Surface (15:05)
- Message for the Dot- Experienced (2:38)
- The Brushes Presentation (2:04)
- Brushes Preparation+Tip for the tip (5:36)
- The Paint (11:01)
- Just Dot It! (6:46)
- Brush Load (6:52)
- Practice WD Lines & Curves (25:54)
- Live Call Video Week 1 (172:31)
- Welcome to the fourth week of your course
- Mini Mandala #1 (18:02)
- Mini Mandala #2 (12:51)
- Mini Mandala #3 (11:16)
- Mini Mandala #4 (11:02)
- Mini Mandala #5 (17:55)
- Mini Mandala #6 (14:18)
- Mini Mandala #7 (13:20)
- Mini Mandala #8 (16:56)
- Mini Mandala #9 (12:25)
- Mini Mandala #10 (8:39)
- Mini Mandala #11 (18:26)
- Mini Mandala #12 (15:12)
- Mini Mandala #13 (20:10)
- Mini Mandala #14 (11:37)
- Mini Mandala #15 (8:16)
- Mini Mandala #16 (10:30)
- Mini mandala #17 (9:02)
- Mini Mandala #18 (29:00)
- Mini Mandala #19 (26:14)
- Live Video Call week 4 (133:39)
What you'll need for this course
1. Acrylic paint - preferable tube paint- creamy/pasty/heavy body such as: Jo Sonja, Amsterdam, Liquitex, Arteza etc. (NOT liquid bottled paint- such as Americana/Folk Art etc.)
2. Flow medium for acrylics.
3. white gesso for acrylic paint (if your canvas is not sealed already with gesso).
4. Mid-long synthetic fine brushes / detail brushes in different sizes and flat brush for surface painting.
5. Craft knife.
6. Mini canvas 4"X4" (10cmX10cm) or 8"X8" (20cmX20cm).
7. Coloured carbon tracing paper.
9. Clear varnish spray (the one you use to seal your stones will do, and it is not a must).
10. Pallet for paint mixing and scooping.
11. Clean water in a mug/glass/small container for brush cleaning (preferable two).
12. Clean water in a different container - for paint mixing.
13. Paper cloth for brush drying.
15. Paper tape.
The full list with links inside the course
Hi, I’m Liona Hotta
I believe dot art is one of the most wonderful ways to express beauty and experience calmness, to center and actively meditate. This form of art does not require you to be a learned artist, to have former experience in shading, light, or composition. It is available for everyone at any age and point of time. For the past 20 years, I have been living dedicating myself to my various creative expressions. In the last 4 years, this has been through the joy of creating and teaching mandala dot art.
Since opening The Online Mandala Dot Art Academy and launching my flagship course HOW TO DOT YOUR MANDALA WITH A BRUSH in December 2019, thousands of students from all over the world have joined me in discovering their own bliss in dot painting.
As a teacher and student myself, I understand the thrill and allure of mastering new skills – it’s exhilarating; builds confidence and self-esteem – not just in our creative endeavors, but also in our daily lives! Due to this fact, and on the request of many enthusiastic students I am continuously extending the classroom so I can keep sharing my knowledge and experiences beyond these courses.
I keep creating courses, that are gradually exposed and served so that you, my fellow dot artist, are able to evolve and continue your dot-learning journey.