You can pause the video at any point and press play again when you are ready to continue.
Sketched Mandalas are important to practice so to learn how to pre- create ideas and fill in the created spaces .
Practicing Pre-Sketched Mandalas such as this one truly helps you level-up your mandala creation, to become more organised and contributes to your abilities to plan ahead your future artworks.
- 1. Painting the surface of your canvas (6:39)
- 2. Stencilling (5:11)
- 3. Gold - first layer elements filling (4:21)
- 4. Dots Outlining (4:38)
- 5. First colour layering (6:42)
- 6. Dotting (3:54)
- 7. Swirls And Swooshes Fame (3:58)
- 8. Centre Swooshes (1:31)
- 9. Second layer centre swooshes (3:05)
- 10. Sketching the next division (3:25)
- 11. Mixing swooshes gradient colours (1:50)
- 12. Swooshing gradients (9:01)
- 13. Sketching next division + White spiral swooshes (6:41)
- 14. Top swooshes gradient (7:32)
- 15. Short swooshes and filling shapes (10:25)
- 16. Top dots (2:16)
- 17. Random dots filling (4:14)
- 18. Tiny random dots + Moon dotting (7:27)
- 19. Sketching swooshes (3:32)
- 20. Metallic swooshing part 1 (5:22)
- 21. Metallic Swooshes part two (5:09)
What you'll need for this course:
- Square / round ready to use canvas or other surface such as wooden board 20 cm / 8 inches inch see ideas here: square wooden board, Square Canvas, Round wooden board
- Background dark colour ( I used purple chalk paint, but you can use any acrylic paint)
- Light colour transferring paper
- Paper Tape
- Soft Or medium white pencil
- Colourful acrylics at your choice
- Fine detail brushes or dotting tools
- Flow medium/water
- Small empty paint containers to keep paint mixture
- Water for brush/tool cleaning
- Soft paper towel for brush/tool drying
List with links for online possible purchase inside the course.
You too can do it!!!
Take a look at my student's own Lillys
(and how they feel about it)
Hi, I’m Liona Hotta
I believe dot art is one of the most wonderful ways to express beauty and experience calmness, to center and actively meditate. This form of art does not require you to be a learned artist, to have former experience in shading, light, or composition. It is available for everyone at any age and point of time. For the past 20 years, I have been living dedicating myself to my various creative expressions. In the last 4 years, this has been through the joy of creating and teaching mandala dot art.
Since opening The Online Mandala Dot Art Academy and launching my flagship course HOW TO DOT YOUR MANDALA WITH A BRUSH in December 2019, thousands of students from all over the world have joined me in discovering their own bliss in dot painting.
As a teacher and student myself, I understand the thrill and allure of mastering new skills – it’s exhilarating; builds confidence and self-esteem – not just in our creative endeavors, but also in our daily lives! Due to this fact, and on the request of many enthusiastic students I am continuously extending the classroom so I can keep sharing my knowledge and experiences beyond these courses.
I keep creating courses, such as this one, that are gradually exposed and served so that you, my fellow dot artist, are able to evolve and continue your dot-learning journey.